“Five New Year’s Resolutions for Employers,” written by Employment & Labor Law Department Directors Kelly Bird and Carla Dorsi, was the featured cover story in this month’s The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel. The article outlines the following five employment practices for clients to focus on in 2015.
- Resolution #1: I will review my company’s arbitration agreements.
- Resolution #2: I will examine my company’s hiring practices, from job postings through background checks.
- Resolution #3: I will ensure my company’s paid time off policies and practices are compliant with paid sick leave laws.
- Resolution #4: I will rethink my company’s policies and practices concerning pregnant employees.
- Resolution #5: I will equip my employees with the knowledge and ability to comply with and enforce my company’s policies and our legal obligations.
Click here to read the full article.